No one really understands what causes polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Some suggest that it has to do with insulin resistance or an overabundance of male hormones. Whatever the reason, Advanced Reproductive Center Arlington Heights is the PCOS treatment center that offers hope when one of the symptoms is infertility. If you suspect that PCOS is a barrier to your fertility, we can recommend several therapeutic fertility interventions that can help you to conceive.
Therapy at the PCOS Treatment Center Starts with a Thorough Exam
Before our team recommends a course of treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome treatment, we must verify the diagnosis. Typically, we recommend a transvaginal ultrasound to examine the ovaries. Specifically, we look at the antral follicles or resting number of eggs in the ovaries. This is an essential criterion in the diagnosis of PCOS.
Finally, we administer a blood test to check for hormonal imbalances and glucose tolerance. The team also reviews your medical history. We are especially interested in learning about weight gain, mood disorders, unusual hair growth, and skin discoloration. Armed with the results of the tests, our PCOS treatment center experts now feel confident in giving you a diagnosis.
Frequently, we begin by making suggestions for lifestyle changes. Weight loss is one example. At our PCOS treatment center near Wheeling, IL, we believe in comprehensive care. Therefore, we don’t just focus on one modality. We add others to the mix.
- Progestin therapy, which helps cause your periods to become more regular
- Clomid, which is a medication that causes or boosts ovulation
- Injectable gonadotropins that stimulate the hormones affecting the follicles
- Femara, which is another drug that stimulates the ovaries
- Birth control pills after you have had a child for the regulation of the male hormones in your body
Additional PCOS treatment options include tools to help you maintain a healthy weight. It’s imperative for conception and healthy pregnancy. Our specialists will also encourage exercise. This doesn’t mean that you have to put on muscle, but regular exercise allows a patient to avoid insulin resistance from taking hold.
We might also encourage you to limit your intake of carbohydrates. Doing so is another tool for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. All in all, having a healthy body maximizes your chances of conceiving, and of having a healthy pregnancy.
Fertility Treatments at the PCOS Treatment Center
Of course, we don’t just provide the polycystic ovary syndrome treatment you need. Our team will also assist you in finding your fertility solutions, whatever they may be. Possible approaches include:
- Medications such as Clomid or Letrozole to help you ovulate
- Surgical infertility treatments that focus on laparoscopic ovarian drilling
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI), which introduces sperm directly into the uterus
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) that allows our team to combine sperm and eggs outside the body
- Egg donor program selection, which enables you to work with a screened donor for the collection of healthy eggs
- Donor sperm when your partner struggles with issues of infertility
- Lifestyle counseling at the PCOS treatment center
Because several PCOS treatment options require you to make changes to your lifestyle, we help you get there. Examples might include nutritional counseling and similar assistance to help with the changes necessary to maximize your chances of getting pregnant. We provide you with the information and the strategies you will need to prepare your body for pregnancy.
Enlisting the Assistance of the Specialists at Advanced Reproductive Center Arlington Heights
We’re not just the most trusted PCOS treatment center near Wheeling, IL. We are also here to assist you with infertility issues, whatever they may be. Whether it’s lifestyle counseling or fertility treatment, we can help. Our team routinely works with people just like you who want to make their dreams of becoming a family reality.
Learn more about the specialists at our PCOS treatment center. Experts at Advanced Reproductive Center Arlington Heights are ready to talk to you and answer your questions. Call 844.395.2735.